• Welcome to TechPowerUp Forums, Guest! Please check out our forum guidelines for info related to our community.

[US] Ryzen 7800x3d $196 with bundle at Microcenter

Status
Not open for further replies.

Space Lynx

Astronaut
Processor Ryzen 7800X3D -30 uv
Motherboard AsRock Steel Legend B650
Cooling MSI C360 AIO
Memory 32gb 6000 CL 30-36-36-76
Video Card(s) MERC310 7900 XT -60 uv +150 core
Display(s) NZXT Canvas IPS 1440p 165hz 27"
Case NZXT H710 (Red/Black)
Audio Device(s) HD58X, Asgard 2, Modi 3
Power Supply Corsair RM850W
Used to work at a MC years ago. These items are more or less being sold at cost, not so much loss leader as a no-profit leader.

Trick is a lot of other stuff is fluffed quite a bit, and MC is essentially betting that by coming to them for the core components, you'll pick up the other stuff since you're there anyway.

The fact that these deals are in store only sort of tells the whole story.

I remember people basically making MC trips an event and leaving with a cart full of stuff that I got my little commish sticker on.

Was a fun job.

MC is lucky there aren't more customers like me, I usually skip the maze they force regular customers through, there is a open spot at the end where "Online Pick Up" orders are located, so I just go straight there, pick up my online order, and leave. I never even browse the other stuff. If MC majority of customers were like me they would probably go out of business, especially since they have like 20-30 employees on the ground floor every time I go there. The amount of money they must generate is insane.

MC is lucky there aren't more customers like me, I usually skip the maze they force regular customers through, there is a open spot at the end where "Online Pick Up" orders are located, so I just go straight there, pick up my online order, and leave. I never even browse the other stuff. If MC majority of customers were like me they would probably go out of business, especially since they have like 20-30 employees on the ground floor every time I go there. The amount of money they must generate is insane.

- If you're a BYOPC employee you'll have a small stash of the good stuff squirled away "in the back" for your regulars. Let the managers deal with the "BUT YOUR WEBSITE SAYS YOU HAVE 3 IN STOCK!" crowd :peace:

Space Lynx

Astronaut
Processor Ryzen 7800X3D -30 uv
Motherboard AsRock Steel Legend B650
Cooling MSI C360 AIO
Memory 32gb 6000 CL 30-36-36-76
Video Card(s) MERC310 7900 XT -60 uv +150 core
Display(s) NZXT Canvas IPS 1440p 165hz 27"
Case NZXT H710 (Red/Black)
Audio Device(s) HD58X, Asgard 2, Modi 3
Power Supply Corsair RM850W
I actually really wanted the Steel Legend B650 Mobo, but MC doesn't have any. I'm really fucking tempted to just buy it anyway and sell the b650m to someone on TPU for like a 15 dollar + shipping loss... pretty sure it would sell for that.

damn the temptation.

Status
Not open for further replies.