• Welcome to TechPowerUp Forums, Guest! Please check out our forum guidelines for info related to our community.

Want to upgrade the network at home but need some advice/suggestions

System Name Cyberline
Processor Intel Core i7 2600k -> 12600k
Motherboard Asus P8P67 LE Rev 3.0 -> Gigabyte Z690 Auros Elite DDR4
Cooling Tuniq Tower 120 -> Custom Watercoolingloop
Memory Corsair (4x2) 8gb 1600mhz -> Crucial (8x2) 16gb 3600mhz
Video Card(s) AMD RX480 -> RX7800XT
Storage Samsung 750 Evo 250gb SSD + WD 1tb x 2 + WD 2tb -> 2tb MVMe SSD
Display(s) Philips 32inch LPF5605H (television) -> Dell S3220DGF
Case antec 600 -> Thermaltake Tenor HTCP case
Audio Device(s) Focusrite 2i4 (USB)
Power Supply Seasonic 620watt 80+ Platinum
Mouse Elecom EX-G
Keyboard Rapoo V700
Software Windows 10 Pro 64bit
Why hello there,

So, currently, 5 users each with multiple devices.
Router is a now quite old Asus RT AC3200 and hooked up to that further up in the building an Aerohive AP330 which I got from work.

The Router is acting up as of late and with it being old and no longer getting firmware updates for a while now, I wanted something newer.

Now....its quite a world to dive into....
What I think I want to do is get a Mesh setup, 3 Mesh units, 1 sorta central in the building, 1 one floor up and 1 in the side building.
Then I want to connect the aerohive to the 1 floor up mesh unit via cable and put the aerohive in the attic as an access point.
And setup the AC3200 as an access point somewhere else, not sure yet.

So is that a decent idea? and what Mesh units should I get, I would like to stick with Asus but even just under that brand there are so many options...not to mention the "AI-Mesh" stuff....
ZenWifi ProXT12, ZenWifi ProET12, ZenWifi XT9 AX7800, Rog Rapture GT6, just a full on router capable of mesh like the AXE16000? and often they come in packs of 2 when I want 2...so do I then just but one extra?

Non of the devices that are going to be hooked up are brand new and high end though, lots of 2.4 ghz stuff and a few 5 Ghz stuff, but I do want to be slightly future proof.

So any suggestions on what to get and a short explanation as to why would be very appreciated.

Thanks in advance.