• Welcome to TechPowerUp Forums, Guest! Please check out our forum guidelines for info related to our community.

Long AM5 POST times

System Name Windows | In Progress
Processor 13900K | 14900KS
Motherboard Pro Z790-A WiFi | Z790 Apex Encore
Cooling Arctic LF III 360 | Arctic LF III 420
Memory 32GB 6600 CL32 | 48GB 8200 CL38
Video Card(s) RTX 4090 | RTX 4070Ti Super
Display(s) MSI MAG401QR
Case Phanteks P600s | Asus PA602
Power Supply Vertex GX-1000 | Vertex GX-1000
Software Win 11 Pro
Benchmark Scores They suck.
hi everyone, back to this thread because i still haven’t found a solution to the memory training failings. This is not just something related to long post timings, but it’s also preventing me from updating bios.

As with the old mb and memories, With this new mb b650 Aorus Elite X Ax Ice, I’m stuck at f1 bios, because when I try to update bios, after the secure boot requested for updating bios, it hangs up at posting. This is not changing with different compatible modules.

I’m writing while 20 minutes have passed with no response from pc. Everything is on default (I erased cmos)

In the pic dram/cpu leds are blinking

I ran into this situation with my x670 Aorus Elite AX - It would just alternate between CPU and DRAM post LEDs.. I had to use the BIOS flashback method to get it to post again.

ir_cow

Staff member
As with the old mb and memories, With this new mb b650 Aorus Elite X Ax Ice, I’m stuck at f1 bios, because when I try to update bios, after the secure boot requested for updating bios, it hangs up at posting. This is not changing with different compatible modules.
Is it freezing before flashing or after it is done windows won't boot?

For me on gigabyte and Asus to get it to flash I had to go up 1 BIOS at a time, for about 6 of them until I reached 1.1.0.2 AGEAS. Other option is to use USB flashback

titusx

this seems like a bug:
  • go to "ai tweaker" and activate your "expo" setting in "ai overclock tuner"
  • but then (!) reset the ddr setting at "memory frequency" back to "auto"
  • ps: dont touch the "memory context restore" at "advanced/cpu/pbs"

System Name 7900x / 4090
Processor Ryzen 7900x
Motherboard B650E Aorus Elite X Ax Ice
Cooling Liquid Freezer III 280mm
Memory Gskill trident z RGB neo 6000mhz 36/36/36/96
Video Card(s) Kfa2 RTX 4090 sg-1click oc
Storage Nvme pcie 4 Kingston Fury 2tb
Display(s) LG Oled 42” c2
Case HYTE y60
Audio Device(s) Audioengine A2+
Power Supply FSP Hydro 1000w atx3
Mouse Logitech G502lightspeed
VR HMD Quest 3
Sorry is this a reply to me ?

Is it freezing before flashing or after it is done windows won't boot?

For me on gigabyte and Asus to get it to flash I had to go up 1 BIOS at a time, for about 6 of them until I reached 1.1.0.2 AGEAS. Other option is to use USB flashback
I was able to update the bios to the latest F5c, but i have the same issue with every restart. It doesnt post if XMP is enabled. When there's this issue i have to force shutdown and this time it boots

ir_cow

Staff member
Sorry is this a reply to me ?

I was able to update the bios to the latest F5c, but i have the same issue with every restart. It doesnt post if XMP is enabled. When there's this issue i have to force shutdown and this time it boots
Just to clarify your specs are
mb b650 Aorus Elite X Ax Ice
GSkill Trident 2x32GB 6000?

If so I don't see why it won't run XMP/EXPO unless you have a bad CPU, MB or RAM.

Id make a new thread with your problem. Upload a cpu-z screen shot of each tab (4 total). That will at least help im figuring out why 6000 MT/s doesn't work for you.

Last edited:

titusx

this seems like a bug:
  • go to "ai tweaker" and activate your "expo" setting in "ai overclock tuner"
  • but then (!) reset the ddr setting at "memory frequency" back to "auto"
  • ps: dont touch the "memory context restore" at "advanced/cpu/pbs"
my post may need some clarification: this solves the long post ram retraining time for the asus/amd/am5 boards, which is my opinion an issue with the automatic configuration switch when enabling expo.