• Welcome to TechPowerUp Forums, Guest! Please check out our forum guidelines for info related to our community.

Everytime i plug something into my wall, it stutters, and it never goes away

alvaro12

So, this started 7 months ago, i was having some issues with my imput delay, so i decided to perform a clean install on my old pc (i7 13700k 4070 ti, gigabyte motherboard ddr5 ram) games were running perfectly with no stutter before, however, when i realized the clean install, as soon as i launched any game, my game felt terrible, with a lot of stutters. As i pretty much tried everything software related, like (ddu driver uninstall, clean install again, with different usb, different instalation, turning off rgb, pretty much every kind of tweak, bios included, a lot of fixes in the internet, energy plans etc) and i bought my pc less than 1 month ago, i decided to return it back, since it was a prebuild, and order another, with pretty much the same specs, the thing is that this new build had the same stutterings issues as the old one, also, my ps5 have the exact same stuttering issue, which is kinda weird. After 4 months of almost not playing, i decided to buy a whole new pc hoping that this one didnt stutter, (ryzen 7800x3d, 4070 ti, asus motherboard 6400mhz ram ddr5), however, once again, i faced the same issue. At this point, i was so desperated, that i hired a technician, so he could maybe fix it, and after a whole review of my problem, he thought it was some kind of electrical issue, since my flat has a lot of voltage fluctuations, however i didnt ever had a problem before this, so i bought a double conversion ups, which fixed most of my imput delay problems, and the stutters also decreased, however, i still experience them quite a lot. The thing is, when i connect my router to the double conversion ups, i have less stutters, but that ones are way worse than if i just plug the router on to the wall. Also, if i unplug the ups from the wall, with everything connected, the game feels almost as normal, but i still stutter sometimes, which i never did before, i also carried my pc to a friends house, and the game felt normal and way better than in my house , however i was having a weird stutter every 20 seconds, but the game felt smooth again. It might be emi related, however i changed flats in the same block since my apartment was undergoing renovations, and i still face the same problem, i would say its a bit worse in this flat (12) than in my old one (7th floor). I live in north spain, in a pretty urbanized area, if this info matters in any way, also, i pretty much changed everything in my setup, keyboard, mouse, power cable, ethernet cable..) besides my headsets, but i dont think thats what is causing the issue since if i disconnect them i still stutter.

Sorry i know this is pretty long thread but i dont think i can summarize this any further since this issue is so complex, atleast for me
By the way, excuse me if there is some mistakes in the text, since english is not my first language. Hopefully someone can help me

lot of to guess - what kind of stutter / input delay?
have you tried to rule out some radio/BT interference by being connected to router via cable and using wired mouse and keyboard?
can in be related to you ISP itself like there is some packets drops or generally unstable connection (if this all happening during online gaming)?
Since it's happening also on your PS5 it could be some of these thing.

System Name DadsBadAss
Processor I7 13700k w/ HEATKILLER IV PRO Copper Nickel
Motherboard MSI Z790 Tomahawk Wifi DDR4
Cooling BarrowCH Boxfish 200mm-HWLabs SR2 420/GTX&GTS 360-BP Dual D5 MOD TOP- 2x Koolance PMP 450S
Memory 4x8gb HyperX Predator RGB DDR4 4000
Video Card(s) Asrock 6800xt PG D w/ Byski A-AR6900XT-X
Storage WD SN850x 1TB NVME M.2/Adata XPG SX8200 PRO 1TB NVMe M.2
Display(s) Acer XG270HU
Case ThermalTake X71 w/5 Noctua NF-A14 2000 IP67 PWM/3 Noctua NF-F12 2000 IP67 PWM/3 CorsairML120 Pro RGB
Audio Device(s) Klipsch Promedia 2.1
Power Supply Seasonic Focus PX-850 w/CableMod PRO ModMesh RT-Series Black/Blue
Mouse Logitech G502
Keyboard Black Aluminun Mechanical Clicky Thing With Blue LEDs, hows that for a name?!
Software Win11pro
When you say stutter, what exactly does that entail? What is stuttering? Your mouse, keyboard, monitor, everything? Does it happen online only? Offline as well (when not connected to wifi/Internet of any kind)?

alvaro12

When you say stutter, what exactly does that entail? What is stuttering? Your mouse, keyboard, monitor, everything? Does it happen online only? Offline as well (when not connected to wifi/Internet of any kind)?
Sometimes, my screen full teares, and its like my camera is moving itself, other times there is just a microfreeze of 1 sg, also my game feels like 30hz, specially when it goes down its refresh rate

lot of to guess - what kind of stutter / input delay?
have you tried to rule out some radio/BT interference by being connected to router via cable and using wired mouse and keyboard?
can in be related to you ISP itself like there is some packets drops or generally unstable connection (if this all happening during online gaming)?
Since it's happening also on your PS5 it could be some of these thing.
My imput delay seems fine, i just stutter so much, also my game feels so choppy i think due to the stutters, idk if it could be isp related, since i moved flats on the same block for a few months (same isp btw) and i have same problem, also when i "tweaked" my pc the game still stutters, but less. At first i thought it was 100% electrical since ups help me, however, when i play offgrid i still experience some of those stutters, but the game feel better and smoother

System Name Sleepy Painter
Processor AMD Ryzen 5 3600
Motherboard Asus TuF Gaming X570-PLUS/WIFI
Cooling FSP Windale 6 - Passive
Memory 2x16GB F4-3600C16-16GVKC @ 16-19-21-36-58-1T
Video Card(s) MSI RX580 8GB
Storage 2x Samsung PM963 960GB nVME RAID0, Crucial BX500 1TB SATA, WD Blue 3D 2TB SATA
Display(s) Microboard 32" Curved 1080P 144hz VA w/ Freesync
Case NZXT Gamma Classic Black
Audio Device(s) Asus Xonar D1
Power Supply Rosewill 1KW on 240V@60hz
Mouse Logitech MX518 Legend
Keyboard Red Dragon K552
Software Windows 10 Enterprise 2019 LTSC 1809 17763.1757
I wonder if Comisión Nacional de los Mercados y la Competencia (or w/e is closest to The Spanish/EU FCC) might be of help?

If this were Stateside, your symptoms are something the FCC would (potentially) address.
Reason being: If whatever interferance is effecting your system and LAN, it's probably also interfering with telecommunications and emergency radio.

Could be as simple as bad ground or arcing components in a roof A/C / Swamp Cooler, etc. or it could be an unauthorized high-power radio transmitter (w/ a ton of possibilities in between).

Dunno, but this is above the paygrade of most electricians, landlords, renters, etc.
People that do 'stage setups' or site surveys for large scale WiFi mesh networks, would have a better idea of what might be going on, merely because they use tools to detect sources of interferance (in their lines of work).

Last edited:
System Name The Dark side of the room
Processor AMD Ryzen 9 5900X
Motherboard MSI MEG X570 Unify
Cooling Custom loop watercooling (Bykski CPU-XPR-POM-M-V2, Alphacool Eisblock GPX, Freezemod PU-PWM5B18W)
Memory GSkill Ripjaws V DDR4 3600 CL16 (4 x 16GB)
Video Card(s) XFX Speedster QICK 319 Radeon RX 6700 XT
Storage 1 x Kingston KC3000 1024GB + 2 x Kingston NV2 2TB
Display(s) LG 34WP65C Ultrawide 3440x1440 @ 160Hz freesync premium
Case Thermaltake Core P90 TG
Audio Device(s) onboard Realtek® ALC1220 with Logitech Z906
Power Supply MSI MAG A850GF 80 Plus Gold
Mouse Generic
Keyboard Trust Asta GTX 865
Software Windows 11 pro
Benchmark Scores It's a form of exhibitionism...;-), but fun Software programs just have to run nicely....
Maybe some of your fellow flat residents are doing something with DIY solar panel convertors directly on the local grid or something of those lines.

First make sure your power supply to the PSU and router are clean by using something simple as a surge protector.

alvaro12

I wonder if Comisión Nacional de los Mercados y la Competencia (or w/e is closest to The Spanish/EU FCC) might be of help?

If this were Stateside, your symptoms are something the FCC would (potentially) address.
Reason being: If whatever interferance is effecting your system and LAN, it's probably also interfering with telecommunications and emergency radio.

Could be as simple as bad ground or arcing components in a roof A/C / Swamp Cooler, etc. or it could be an unauthorized high-power radio transmitter (w/ a ton of possibilities in between).

Dunno, but this is above the paygrade of most electricians, landlords, renters, etc.
People that do 'stage setups' or site surveys for large scale WiFi mesh networks, would have a better idea of what might be going on, merely because they use tools to detect sources of interferance (in their lines of work).
They installed a ac in a shop on the 1rst floor that was giving sound problems, and causing the whole building to vibrate, however, when this was an issue, my game performance was still totally fine and smooth, also i hear almost as the time the problem started a weird and constant low pitch hum in some rooms, but i didnt think this could be part of the issue
I tried to meassure if there was any strong radio frequency with my phone, but i dont think its the most accurate tool to do it tbh

Maybe some of your fellow flat residents are doing something with DIY solar panel convertors directly on the local grid or something of those lines.

First make sure your power supply to the PSU and router are clean by using something simple as a surge protector.
As far as i am aware, there is no solar panels used in the building, i didnt thought about a surge protector, but however, when i fully play offgrid with the ups i still experience some issues, but it feels way better overall, i would say when playing offgrid my performance issues are like 30% than playing connected to the wall.

I dont think its stateside, since some people i know in my city have no issues at all while gaming

Last edited: